The Commission devotes considerable energy & funds to improving the overall appearance of the grounds of the Wentworth-Coolidge Mansion. These efforts have ensured that the Wentworth-Coolidge Mansion’s beautiful grounds augment the house’s magnificent, seaside location. The WCC & WCC, Inc. have overseen and funded:
- Weekly professional mowing of the lawns
- Periodic weeding and mulching of all planting beds
- Removal of American bamboo (knotweed), bittersweet, and other invasive species
- Planting (by Commissioners) of 700 daffodil bulbs to welcome visitors to the Mansion each Spring.
- Removal of the rusted, tin storage shed (an eye-sore and time warp in proximity to the historic Mansion).